About Michael Logan ISA CAPP, Appraiser……..
Providing PERSONAL PROPERTY APPRAISALS in Punta Gorda and surrounding Southwest, FL. These can be as simple as walk-through verbal estimates of value of items such as antiques, estate items, china, silver, coins, etc. for curiosity or I can provide you with a written appraisal for the IRS or your insurance company or for appraisals ordered by the court. Many people contact me because they are dividing possessions among heirs or they are in the process of a divorce. I appraise all ‘antiques and residential contents;’ in other words, the things in your house–but not the house/land itself. Think of me as your personal antiques roadshow.
Professional Profile for G. Michael Logan, ISA CAPP
Graduate of University of Maryland University College / International Society of Appraisers Core Courses:
- Course 101: Ethics, Business Practices, Communications
- Course 102: Identification and Authentication, Research, Terminology, Report Writing
- Course 103: Legal aspects of Appraising, Case Studies, Expert Witness, IRS Report Writing
- ISA 16 hour re-qualification course successfully completed and repeated every five years
- Uniform Standards for Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)15 hour course and exam successfully completed with update courses every two years
Specialty Studies in the Field of Antiques:
- Furman University – Understanding the Value of Antiques Today
- John Bivins – Authenticating Antique Furniture
- Bruce Johnson – Furniture Restoration Seminar
- Arts & Crafts Conference Workshop on Pottery, Furniture, Metalwork and Textiles
- ISA Conference, Philadelphia, 18 hours of specialized study
- ISA Conference, Charleston, 16 hours of specialized study
- ISA Conference, Kansas City, 16 hours of specialty study
- ISA Conference, Philadelphia (2015), 18 hours specialty study
- Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA) – Textiles
- Study Seminar; Painted Furniture and Furniture Finishes Seminar, Southern Decorative Arts Seminar
- Lindquist Summer Institutes – Silver, English Ceramics, 18th to 20th Century Furniture: Sorting out the Fakes, Wood Identification, Oriental Carpets
- ISA Antiques and Residential Contents course, 45 hrs specialized study
- Dealer in Antiques from 1984 to 2013
- Exhibitor at quality antique shows in the Mid-Atlantic and Pennsylvania since 1990
- Zone Director and Board of Directors 1996-1999, 2005-present; Treasurer 1999-2004
- Lecturer on French Faience and American Art Pottery at the Virginia Highlands Festival
- Lecturer on Antique Furniture at Southwest Virginia Community College, Abingdon, VA
- Instructor on Antiques at Kingsport Institute for Continued Learning (ETSU)
- Currently an instructor for the ISA Core Course in Appraisal Studies
- Currently an instructor for the ISA Antiques and Residential Contents Course
Member of International Society of Appraisers
Past Member of Associated Antiques Dealers of America
Subscribe to numerous trade publications providing current market trends and
reproduction alerts and have an extensive personal reference library.
Internet research capabilities including subscriptions to National antique auction prices realized, International fine art prices realized, and Artist data.
Attend numerous shows, exhibitions, auctions and fairs in the US and England providing access to current markets, resources and sales comparison opportunities.
Over 30 years experience researching and evaluating antiques and the various markets in which they are sold.
Ongoing continuing education studies in specialty areas
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of
Registered Professional Engineer in Tennessee for 30
Thirty-Five years’ Industrial experience in Mechanical Engineering and Reliability Technology